Community Creation Guidelines
Follow these instructions to create a local community:
- All communities are Facebook-based. In order to create a local community you will need an access to an iPad or a computer because mobile version of Facebook does not provide this functionality. Now follow these steps:
1. Log-in to Facebook.
2. Click on the Home button in the upper-right corner of the screen. After that a full menu will appear on the left side of the page.
3. On the left side of the page find the Groups section. At the bottom of that section there will be a Create Group... button. Click on it. This will bring up the Create New Group dialogue window.
4. In the Create New Group dialogue window you will need to give your group a name. Please follow these naming instructions if you want us to add your community to the list:
a. For cities: Jiu Streetsu City State Community, e.g. Jiu Streetsu Chicago Illinois Community
b. For Colleges: Jiu Streetsu College Name Community, e.g. Jiu Streetsu Columbia University Community
c. For High Schools: Jiu Streetsu High School Name City State Community, e.g. Jiu Streetsu Alhambra High School Alhambra California Community
5. Add at least one friend to the group. Start typing the name in the Members section and their full names will automatically pop-up.
6. Privacy: use the privacy settings suggested by default: Closed Group.
7. Click Create button at the bottom of the dialogue window.
8. Now your Local Community is up and running.
9. Fill-in the form in the Submit a Community section with the details of your newly created community and click the "submit" button.